NFTS FOR THE PLANET
An experiment in using NFTs to perpetuate good
Many Blockchain applications are quite basic. NFTs are a great example of something with a lot of hype and a lot of potential, but it is, for lack of a better word, shallow. NFTs for the Planet is an attempt at collaborative art that is perpetually benefiting the planet.
In this experiment, we will attempt to use a trait unique to NFTs: their ability to facilitate perpetual value through royalties via smart contracts.
"Traditionally" when digital art is resold as an NFT, artists, or the originators of the NFT, can get royalties they deserve. But what if we could do more? What if the point is not to make art, but to make an impact? Maybe we can use royalties for ongoing impact?
THE BIG IDEA
Using NFT royalties to perpetuate impact
COLLABORATIVE ART, LASTING IMPACT
NFTs for the planet is not so much about the aesthetic value of art created, but about a collaborative effort to perpetuate impact.
This experiment invites users into a collaborative process to make a piece of AI art that will give royalties in perpetuity to chosen charities.
How does this work?
1) The BloB Twitter account will ask for prompts to feed into an AI engine to create a collaborative piece of AI art.
2) We will interact with 5 users at a time. The first 5 users will suggest any word they like. Those 5 words together will create a prompt for an AI engine.
3) The AI will create 5 unique, different, images based on the same words.
4) The images will be uploaded to Open Sea and be minted as NFTs. They will be up for sale to the participating users, at 0.01 ETH.
5) The NFTs will have a defined charity that will receive royalties in perpetuity, as long as the NFT is sold. Hopefully at a greater resale price.
The more times they are sold, at more value, the more money goes to the chosen charity.
First run starts in the middle of February!